The Effect of Transport Phenomena on the Shelf Life of a Plastic Carbonated Beverage Bottle
A large new market, the beer and carbonated beverage bottle market, is about to open up for plastic materials. This paper will discuss the shelf life of a plastic bottle for carbonated beverages in terms of the various parameters, transport related and otherwise, which determine it, evaluating their relative importance in absolute terms and as a function of time.
KeywordsShelf Life Pressure Loss Ring Seal Total Pressure Loss Solubility Coefficient
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Fenelon, P. J., paper presented at the Society of Plastic Engineers ANTEC in Montreal, May, 1973.Google Scholar
- 2.Crank, J., The Mathematics of Diffusion, Oxford University Press, London, 1956.Google Scholar
- 3.Machin, D. and Rogers, C. E., J. Polymer Sci: Polymer Phys. Ed., 11, 1535–1554 (1973).Google Scholar
- 4.Fenelon, P. J., personal communication.Google Scholar
- 7.Vieth, W. R. & Sladek, K. J., 39th National Colloid Symposium Preprints, (June, 1965 ), 484.Google Scholar
- 10.Product brochure #v-10.006–2M - 2/69 for Barex 210, by the Vistron Corp., copyright 1969.Google Scholar
- 11.Isley, R. F., et al., U. S. Pat. #3,437,717 (April 8, 1969 ).Google Scholar