Some Remarks on Implementing Hadrons as Extended Objects with Applications to Dual Models
The Poincaré covariant quantal theory of a Regge trajectory (realized in Minkowski space) is reviewed and the classical (relativistic) limit for this structure is developed. It is demonstrated that this classical limit motion corresponds identically to the leading trajectory of the classical relativistic motion given by the Nambu-Goto-Nielsen action.
KeywordsMinkowski Space Rest Frame Regge Trajectory Dual Model Extend Object
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.Frampton, P.H. (1974) “Dual Resonance Models” (W.A. Benjamin, Inc., Reading, Mass. )Google Scholar
- 4.Mandelstam, S. (1971) Brandeis University Summer Institute, Vol. 1, 165 ( M.I.T. Press, Cambridge, Mass. )Google Scholar
- 5.Gliozzi, F., Scherk, J., and Olive, D. (1976) PTENS preprint, Sept. Cf. also the lecture by deVecchia at this conference.Google Scholar
- 6.Work by Volkov, Sjelest and Sjeldakhin on this possibility was pointed out to us at the conference by Dr. K. Litwin.Google Scholar
- 10.Nambu, Y. (1976) Proc. International Conf. on Particles and Fields, ( Interscience, N.Y.).Google Scholar
- 11.Barut, A.0. (1971), “Dynamical Groups and Generalized Symmetries” (U. of Canterbury Press, Chch. N.Z.).Google Scholar
- 15.Dirac, P.A.M. (1964) “Lectures on Quantum Mechanics” (Yeshiva Univ. Press, N.Y.).Google Scholar
- 18.The calculations are not entirely trivial (singularities enter). The physical requirements that po be positive, and additive, resolves these ambiguities.Google Scholar