Programs on Small-Scale Superconducting Devices in Italy
Research on fundamental and applied aspects of small-scale superconducting devices in Italy is carried out at 4 universities, 4 government laboratories and 1 industrial laboratory. Financing of the university laboratories comes through Gruppo Nazionale Struttura della Materia, the national agency for research on the structure of matter, from funds administrated by Consiglio Nazionale delle Ricerche (CNR), the national research council. CNR finances directly its own two laboratories in which superconductivity research is present; the leading research program of one laboratory (Arco Felice) is on cybernetics, and of the other (Rome) is on electronic properties of solid state. The other two government laboratories where small-scale superconductivity is pursued are CNEN at Frascati (Rome), the major laboratory of the Italian nuclear energy agency, and Istituto Elettrotecnico Nazionale “G. Ferraris” in Turin, the Italian metrology laboratory. The industrial laboratory is SNAM-Progetti at Monterotondo (Rome), which is part of the holding company of the major Italian gasoline company.
KeywordsGravitational Wave Government Laboratory Resolution Super Industrial Laboratory Biophysical Chemistry
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.A. Barone, G. Paterno, M. Russo and R. Vaglio, Phys. Letters 53A, 393 (1975).Google Scholar
- 2.G. Costabile and R. D. Parmentier, Proc. LT14 (Helsinki, 1975).Google Scholar
- 4.L. Adami, M. Cerdonio, R. F. Ricci and G. L. Romani, Appl. Phys. LettersGoogle Scholar
- 5.P. Carelli and I. Modena, Phys. LettersGoogle Scholar
- 6.D. Andreone, E. Arri and G. Marullo, Alta FrequenzaGoogle Scholar
- 7.G. Gallinaro and R. Varone, Cryogenics, 5 (1975).Google Scholar
- 10.R. D. Parmentier, G. Costabile, P. Rissmann and E. P. Balsamo, “Temperature Dependence of the Maximum Josephson Current in Nb-NbOx-Sn Junctions”, J. Low Temp. Phys.Google Scholar
- 11.M. Cerdonio and C. Messana, “High Resolution Superconducting Magnetometer”, IEEE Transactions, Magnetics 1l, 778 (1975).Google Scholar
- 12.M. Cerdonio, F. Mogno and G. L. Romani. “Vibrating Sample Superconducting Magnetometer”, Proc. LT14, 4 (Helsinki, 1975).Google Scholar
- 13.M. Cerdonio, G. L. Romani and S. Pace, “SQUID Operation with Ferromagnetic Core Superconducting dc Transformers”, Cryogenics, 5 (1975).Google Scholar