Programs on Large Scale Applications of Superconductivity in the United Kingdom
There has been an increase in the level of activity in superconductivity in the United Kingdom during the past year or so and the indications are that this trend will continue. One of the more significant developments has been the decision of the Science Research Council to fund work programs in universities on topics associated with superconducting ac generators; this work will be carried out in close liaison with industry and is described in this survey.
KeywordsScience Research Council Super Conducting Terminal Performance Quadrupole Magnet Heat Transfer Property
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Baylis, J.A., Electrical Times, Issue 4232, 9, (1973).Google Scholar
- 3.Appleton, A.D. and Bartram, T.C., Third Ship Control Systems Symposium, Ministry of Defense, Foxhill, Bath, Somerset, (1972).Google Scholar
- 4.Appleton, A.D. and Anderson, A.F., Proc. 1972 Applied Superconductivity Conference, Annapolis, p. 136, IEE Pubi. 72CH0682–5- TABSC (1972).Google Scholar
- 5.Wilson, M.N., RHEL/M/A26.Google Scholar
- 6.Thomas, D.B. and Wilson, M.N., RPP/A93 (RHEL).Google Scholar