Studies of Superconducting Nb3AxB1 − x Alloys
Pseudobinary alloys of the form Nb3AxB1 − x (where A and B represent the nontransition elements Al, Ga, Ge, and Si) were prepared and studied using X-ray diffraction. An A15 phase of Nb3Si and Al5 ternary derivatives were identified. The variation of the superconducting transition temperature T c and the Al5 lattice parameter a 0 as a function of composition was measured.
KeywordsSuperconducting Transition Temperature Pseudobinary System Ternary Derivative Pseudobinary Alloy
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.F.J. Cadieu, in Superconductivity in d-and f-Band Metals, D.H. Douglass, ed., American Institute of Physics, New York (1972), p. 213.Google Scholar
- 4.F.J. Cadieu, J. Low Temp. Phys. 3, 405 (1970).Google Scholar
- 7.G.W. Webb, in Superconductivity in d-and f-Band Metals, D.H. Douglass, ed., American Institute of Physics, New York (1972), p. 139.Google Scholar
- 8.W. Rossteutscher and K. Schubert, Z. Metallk. 56, 813–822 (1965).Google Scholar
- 10.V.M. Pan, V.V. Petkov, and O.G. Kulik, in Physics and Metallurgy of Superconductors, E.M. Savitskii and V.V. Baron, eds., Consultants Bureau, New York (1970), p. 183.Google Scholar