Environmental Planning and Social Response at the Strategy Level
Some of the work described in the paper is being undertaken in conjunction with the West Midlands County Council. It is funded by the Science Research Council and the West Midlands County through the mechanism of the University of Aston’s interdisciplinary higher degree scheme. The work is supervised in the University by Mr. F. E. Joyce, Head of the Joint Unit for Research on the Urban Environment and on behalf of the County Council by Mr. M. Burns of the County Planning department. Special acknowledgement is due to the help and assistance of the County Council in the design of the Strategic Choice Game. However it should be noted that the ideas and proposals discussed in the body of the text in no way commit the Council to adopting the techniques discussed.
KeywordsSocial Response Structure Plan Public Participation County Council Environmental Planning
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Barker, R.G. ‘Ecological Psychology’ (Stanford University Press, 1968).Google Scholar
- Cullingworth, J.B. (1972) ‘Town and Country Planning Britain’.Google Scholar
- Harsanyi, J.C. ‘Cardinal Welfare, Individualistic Ethics and Interpersonal Comparisons’ J.Pol.Econ., 63, 1955.Google Scholar
- Hoinville, G. ‘Evaluating community preferences’ in Environment and Planning’ 3(1971) 33–50.Google Scholar
- Holland, V. ‘Cognitive Persuasions, assumptions and presumptions’ in Proceedings of the edra 3/ar 8 conference, University of California, January 1972.Google Scholar
- Upshaw, H.S. Attitude Measurement in Blalock H.M. and Blalock A.B. ‘Methodology in Social Research’ 1968.Google Scholar
- Watson, J.B. (1924) ‘Behaviourism’, People’s Institute, N.Y.Google Scholar