The Role of Antiandrogens in the Treatment of Sex Offenders
The purpose of this chapter is to present data and discussion pertaining to the use of an antiandrogenic hormone, in combination with psychologic counseling, in the treatment of sex offenders.
KeywordsSexual Arousal Sexual Offense Psychologic Counseling Medroxyprogesterone Acetate Cyproterone Acetate
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Bancroft, J. A comparative study of aversion and desensitization in the treatment of homosexuality. In L. Burns & J. Worsley (Eds.), Behaviour therapy in the 1970’s. Bristol, England: Wright, 1970.Google Scholar
- Bancroft, J. The behavioral approach to sexual disorders. In H. Milne & S. Hardy (Eds.), Psycho-sexual problems. Baltimore: University Park Press, 1975.Google Scholar
- Freund, K. Diagnosis and treatment of forensically significant anomalous erotic preferences. Canadian Journal of Criminology and Corrections, 1976, 18, 181–189.Google Scholar
- Frisbie, L. V., & Dondis, E. H. Recidivism among treated sex offenders. Research Monograph No. 5. Department of Mental Hygiene, State of California, 1965.Google Scholar
- Humphreys, L. Tearoom trade. Chicago: Aldine, 1970.Google Scholar
- Meyer, W. J., Walker, P. A., Wiedeking, C., Money, J., Kowarski, A., Migeon, C., & Borgaonkar, D. Pituitary function in adult males receiving medroxyprogesterone acetate. Fertility and Sterility, 1977, 28, 1072–1076.Google Scholar
- Money, J. Discussion on hormonal inhibition of libido in male sex offenders. In R. P. Michael (Ed.), Endocrinology and human behavior. London: Oxford University Press, 1968.Google Scholar
- Money, J., & Ehrhardt, A. Man and woman; boy and girl: The differentiation and dimorphism of gender identity from conception to maturity. Baltimore: Johns Hopkins University Press, 1972.Google Scholar
- Money, J., Wiedeking, C., Walker, P. A., & Gain, D. Combined antiandrogenic and counseling program for treatment of 46, XY and 47, XYY sex offenders. In E. Sacher (Ed.), Hormones, behavior and psychopathology. New York: Raven Press, 1976.Google Scholar
- Shorkey, C., & Cangelosi, S. Modification of sexual behavior: Summary and annotated bibliography. Washington, D.C.: American Psychological Association (JSAS Document MS 1114), 1975.Google Scholar
- Walker, P. A. Medroxyprogesterone acetate as an antiandrogen for the rehabilitation of sex offenders. In R. Gemme & C. Wheeler (Eds.), Progress in sexology, selected proceedings of the 1976 international congress of sexology. New York: Plenum Press, 1977.Google Scholar