Effectiveness of Sex Therapy
Part of the Perspectives in Sexuality book series (Persp. Sex.)
The purpose of this paper is to review the published data concerned with sex therapy with regard to effectiveness of present treatment methods.
KeywordsSexual Dysfunction Premature Ejaculation Sexual Disorder Systematic Desensitization Ejaculatory Disorder
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Bailey, H.R. (1973). Studies in depression, II. Treatment of the depressed, frigid woman. Med. J. Aust. 1: 834–837.Google Scholar
- Barbach, L.G. (1976). For Yourself: The Fulfillment of Female Sexuality. Anchor Press/Doubleday, New York.Google Scholar
- Bianco, F.J. (1974). Marital sexual dysfunction: Presentation of a fundamental therapeutic program. Paper presented at the meeting of the International Congress of Sexology, Paris.Google Scholar
- Hartman, W.E. and Fithian, M.A. (1972). Treatment of Sexual Dysfunction. Center for Marital & Sexual Studies, Long Beach, Cadiff.Google Scholar
- Jones, W.J. and Park, P.M. (1972). Treatment of single-partner sexual dysfunction by systematic desensitization. Obstet. Gynecol., 39: 411–417.Google Scholar
- Kaplan, H.S. (1974). The New Sex Therapy. Brunner/Mazel, New York.Google Scholar
- Laughren, T.P. and Kass, D. (1975). Desensitization of sexual dysfunction: the present status. In A. Gurman & D. Rice (Eds.), Couples in Conflict, Aronson, New York.Google Scholar
- Lesnenko, W.N. (1967). Vergleichende Katamnese von Kranken mit funktioneller Impotenz, die mit aufklärender Individual — und Gruppenpsychotherapie behandelt wurden. Psychiatr. Neurol. Med. Psychol., 19: 215–218.Google Scholar
- Masters, W.H. and Johnson, V.E. (1970). Human Sexual Inadequacy. Little, Brown, Boston.Google Scholar
- Masters, W.H. and Johnson, V.E. (1976). Principles of the new sex therapy. Am. J. Psychiatry, 133: 548–554.Google Scholar
- Meyer, J., Schmidt, C.W., Jr., Lucas, M.J. and Smith, E. (1975). Short-term treatment of sexual problems: Interim report. Am. J. Psychiatry, 132: 172–176.Google Scholar
- O’Connor, J.F. and Stern, L.O. (1972). Results of treatment in functional sexual disorders. N.Y. State J. Med., 72: 1927–1934.Google Scholar
- Panel Highlights (1976). Modification of Masters-Johnson sex therapy utilize psychodynamics. Roche Rep.: Frontiers of Psychiatry, 5, October, pp. 1–2.Google Scholar
- Raboch, J. (1974). Causes and therapy of male impotency. Paper presented at the meeting of the International Congress of Medical Sexology, Paris.Google Scholar
- Schumacher, S., and Lloyd, C.W. (1974). Interidsciplinary treatment and study of sexual distress. Paper presented at the meeting of the International Congress of Medical Sexology, Paris.Google Scholar
- Schumacher, S., and Lloyd, C.W. (1976). Assessment of sexual dysfunction. In Hersen, M. and Bellack, A.S. (Eds.), Behavioral Assessment: A Practical Handbook, Pergamon Press, New York.Google Scholar
© Plenum Press, New York 1977