Transport Properties in Liquid 3He-4He Mixtures Near the Tricritical Point
In this talk, we present results of acoustic attenuation measurements in 3He-4He mixtures, carried out in the range between 1 and 45 MHz. Furthermore, an account is given of an analysis of transient effects occurring during sound velocity measurements, and which lead to some conclusions on the thermal diffusivity ratio KT. Because the results have been described in detail in two papers,1,2 the presentation here can be made brief.
KeywordsMass Diffusion Hydrodynamic Regime Tricritical Point Sound Attenuation Superfluid Phase
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- (1).D. B. Roe, G. Ruppeiner and H. Meyer, J. Low Temp. Phys. 27, (1977).Google Scholar
- (2).D. B. Roe and H. Meyer, (to be published).Google Scholar
- (3).See for instance, C. W. Garland in Physical Acoustics, edited by W. P. Mason and R. N. Thurston, (Academic Press, New York, 1970) vol. 7, p.Google Scholar
- (5).C. Buchal and F. Pobell, Phys. Rev. B 14 (1976).Google Scholar
- (10).L. D. Landau and E. M. Lifshitz, Fluid Mechanics, Pergamon Press (1959), Chapter 8.Google Scholar
- (12).E. D. Siggia and D. R. Nelson, Phys. Rev. B, to appear.Google Scholar