Preliminary Measurements of the Low Temperature Ion Mobility in Normal Liquid 3He
The temperature dependence of the mobility of positive and negative ions in normal liquid 3He between ~ 2.5 mK and 600 mK and at pressures from the vapor pressure to 23 bar are reported.
KeywordsMsec Pulse Drift Space Drift Path Screen Grid Extraction Grid
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- (1).A. I. Ahonen, J. Kokko, O. V. Lounasmaa, M. A. Paalanen, R. C. Richardson, W. Schoepe, and Y. Takano, (to be published).Google Scholar
- (2a).R. M. Bowley, J. Phys. C 4, L207 (1971); for a clear qualitative discussion of this problem, seeGoogle Scholar
- (2b).A. L. Fetter, Vortices and Ions in Helium, in “The Physics of Liquid and Solid Helium, Part I”, edited by K. H. Bennemann and J. B. Ketterson (John Wiley, New York, 1976).Google Scholar
- (5).M. Kuchnir, J. B. Ketterson, and P. R. Roach, in Proc. 13th Intern. Conf. on Low Temp. Phys., edited by K. D. Timmerhaus, W. J. O’Sullivan, and E. F. Hammel (Plenum, New York, 1974), Vol. 1, p. 474.Google Scholar
- (6).K. M. Bowkett and D. A. Smith, “Field-Ion Microscopy” (North-Holland Publ. Co., Amsterdam, 1970), p. 57.Google Scholar
- (7).J. B. Ketterson, P. R. Roach, B. M. Abraham, and Paul D. Roach, in “Quantum Statistics and the Many Body Problem”, edited by S. B. Trickey, W. P. Kirk, and J. W. Dufty (Plenum Press, New York, 1975), p. 35.Google Scholar
© Plenum Press, New York 1977