Some Unusual Characteristics of 3He-B
This paper analyzes three unusual characteristics of 3He-B which have been observed in continuous wave nuclear magnetic resonance studies over the past three years. They include evidence for the existence of textural singularities in 3He-B, unusual spin wave related behavior of B phase samples in highly homogeneous magnetic fields, and power dependent distortions of the B phase absorption lineshape.
KeywordsSpin Wave Spin Wave Mode Local Oscillator Frequency Solid Trace Left Hand Edge
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- (3).P. W. Anderson and W. F. Brinkman, in “The Helium Liquids” (Academic Press, London, 1975) p. 407.Google Scholar
- (4).W. F. Brinkman and M. C. Cross, to be published in Progress in Low Temperature Physics.Google Scholar
- (6).D. D. Osheroff, to be published as part of the proceedings of the Sussex Symposium, Physica B.Google Scholar
- (7).M. C. Cross. These Proceedings.Google Scholar
- (9).H. Smith, W. F. Brinkman, and S. Engelsberg. To be published in Phys. Rev. B.Google Scholar
- (11).K. Maki and T. Tsuneto, preprint.Google Scholar
- (13).P. W. Anderson, private communication.Google Scholar