Study of Oxygen Diffusion in Quartz by Activation Analysis
Oxygen diffusion in crystalline SiO (natural quartz) has been measured by an activation analysis using the reaction O18 (p,n) F18. Before the activation, the single-crystalline samples with a well-polished surface were annealed in 18O-enriched oxygen gas. The annealed samples were irradiated perpendicular to the polished surface with 2,7 MeV-protns. Part of the O18 in the sample is transformed to F18 which is a β+-radiator with a half-life of 110 minutes. The 511 keV annihilation radiation is used as a measure of the 18O-content in the sample.
KeywordsOxygen Diffusion Proton Energy Energy Spread Diffusion Profile Natural Quartz
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- (1).D.J. Evans “The Atomic Nucleus” ( McGraw-Hill, New York, 1955 )Google Scholar
- )D.J. Neild, J. Phys. D:P. J. Wise, D.G. Barnes, Appl. Phys. 5, 2292 (1972)Google Scholar
- (4).W. Whaling; Handbuch der Physik, Vol. 34, p. 13–217, Ed.: S. Flügge, Springer, Berlin, 1959Google Scholar
- (5).C.F. Williamson, J.P. Boujot, J. Picard, CEA-Report, No. CEA-R-3042Google Scholar
- (6).R. Haul, G. Dümbgen Z. Elektrochem. 66, 636 (1962)Google Scholar