The Kinetic Processes of Equilibrium Restoration in La-Doped BaTiO3
As shown by the work of Daniels (1) and Hennings (2) the defect-chemistry of La-doped BaTiO3 (BLT) at high temperatures is well understood. On the other hand the explanation of the electrical properties at room temperatures governed by the defect-chemistry is still lacking. The explanation of these properties is of great importance for PTC-resistors and Intergranular-Capacitors. As the diffusion of defects occuring during the cooling cycle after sintering plays an important role (3) investigations about the kinetic processes of equilibrium restoration seem to be useful.
KeywordsOxygen Partial Pressure Kinetic Process Volume Diffusion Cooling Cycle Oxidation Experiment
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.J. Daniels, K.H. Härdtl, to be publishedGoogle Scholar
- 2.D. Hennings 8th Symp. Reactivity of Solids Gothenburg 1976Google Scholar
- 3.R. Wernicke Thesis RWTH Aachen (1975) to be publishedGoogle Scholar
- 6.W. Jost “Diffusion in Solids, Liquids, Gases” Academic Press Inc.. New York 1960Google Scholar
- 8.J. Doskocil, 4.Konf. Keram. Electron III, 1 (1971)Google Scholar
- 11.F.S. Stone, R.J.D. Tilley in “Reactivity of Solids” S.262, Chapman and Hall Ltd., 1972Google Scholar