Today a clinician who embarks on or specializes in cancer chemotherapy must have a basic knowledge of the mechanism of action of at least a dozen or more chemical agents which are active against cancer: and he must be aware of the importance of cell kinetics, dose schedules of those drugs, toxicity and its management, and the pharmacological background of the drugs he is using, particularly their mutual interactions and individual behavior. He must always be aware of the problems which can develop with individual patients.
KeywordsCombination Chemotherapy Combination Regime Cytosine Arabinoside Hemorrhagic Cystitis Nitrogen Mustard
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Brandt, K. (1970). Zentbl Gynak. 92: 233.Google Scholar
- Costanzi, J. J., and Coltman, C. A. (1969). Combination chemotherapy using cyclophosphamide, vincristine, methotrexate and 5-fluorouracil in solid tumours. Cancer Chemother. Rep. 53: 90.Google Scholar
- Cooper, R. C. (1969). Combination chemotherapy in hormone resistant breast cancer. Proc. Am. Assoc. Cancer Res. 10: 15.Google Scholar
- de Vita, V. T., Serpick, A. A., and Carbone, P. P. (1970). Combination chemotherapy in the treatment of advanced Hodgkin’s disease. Ann. Int. Med. 73: 881.Google Scholar
- Greenspan, E. M. (1966). Thiotepa, methotrexate, cyclophosphamide, 5-fluorouracil, and testosterone in advance breast cancer. J. Mount Sinai Hosp. 33: 1.Google Scholar
- Greenspan, E. M., Fieber, M. M., Geeson, L., and Edelman, S. (1963). Thiotepa and methotrexate chemotherapy of advanced breast cancer. J. Mount Sinai Hosp. 30: 246.Google Scholar
- Hanham, I. W. F. (1974). Chemotherapy in breast cancer. Proc. Royal Soc. Med. 67: 292.Google Scholar
- Moertel, C. G., and Mays (1973). Therapy of advanced gastrointestinal cancer with the nitrosureas. Cancer Chemother. Rep. 4: 27.Google Scholar
- Newton, K. A., and Westbury, G. (1971). Indications for the treatment of cancer by regional chemotherapy. Geriatrics 26: 125.Google Scholar
- Pinkel, D., Walters, T., and Bushore, M. (1970). Identification of black children with acute lymphocytic leukemia (All) as high risk patients. Proc. Am. Assoc. Cancer Res. 11: 321.Google Scholar
- Smith, J. P., and Rutledge, F. (1970). Chemotherapy in the treatment of cancer of the ovary. Am. J. Obstet. Gyn. 107: 69.Google Scholar
- South West Cancer Chemotherapy Group (1973). Chemotherapy of metastatic sarcomas using combinations with adriamycin. Symposium on Clinical Pharmacology, Jacksonville, Florida. Gottlieb, J. A., coordinator.Google Scholar