Ripplons and Superfluidity in 3He Monolayers
In our continuing effort to establish the existence of superfluidity in He3 monolayers physisorbed on liquid He4, we calculated the ripplon spectrum in liquid He4, and obtained wave functions describing ripplons. The latter, when exchanged between He3 quasiparticles, are expected to enhance the pairing mechanism and thereby raise the transition temperature.
KeywordsCapillary Wave Mono Layer Crucial Quantity Theoretical Program Superfluid Transition Temperature
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- (1).C.-W. Woo, Proceedings of the European Physical Society Topical Conference; Liquid and Solid Helium, Technion, Haifa, Israel (1974). The collaborators on the work referred to are A. Bhattacharyya and M. Schick.Google Scholar
- (8).L. D. Landau and E. M. Lifshitz, Fluid Mechanics, Pergamon Press (1959), Chap. VII.Google Scholar
- (11).A. Bhattacharyya, Y. M. Shih, and C.-W. Woo, submitted to Phys. Rev. Lett.Google Scholar
- (12).M. D. Miller, Ph.D. Thesis, Northwestern University (1973)Google Scholar
- (13).C. C. Chang and M. Cohen, Phys. Rev. B, to be published.Google Scholar