The Biosynthesis of Haemoglobin, Enzymes and Nucleic Acids during Differentiation and Development of Erythroid Bone Marrow Cells
In adult animals, mature red blood cells arise by the differentiation and development of stem cells in the bone marrow. This process is complex and takes place in a number of well-defined stages distinguishable on the basis of morphological, physiological and biochemical criteria. The underlying biochemical mechanisms are as yet not well understood, but their elucidation may provide useful information about the regulation of developmental systems in general.
KeywordsBone Marrow Cell Erythroid Cell Adenylate Kinase Multipotent Stem Cell Haemoglobin Synthesis
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Chang, C.-S. and Goldwasser, E. (1973). Develop. Biol. 34., 246.Google Scholar
- Clissold, P.M. (197U). Exp. Cell Res. 89, 389.Google Scholar
- Denton, M.J. (1973) Ph.D. thesis. University of London.Google Scholar
- Denton, M.J., Delves, H.T. and Arnstein, H.R.V. (197I4.). Biochem. Biophys. Res. Commun. 61, 8.Google Scholar
- Goldwasser, E. (1972). In “First International Conference on Haemotopoiesis. Regulation of Erythropoiesis”, ed. by A.S. Gordon, M. Condorelli and C. Peschle, II Ponti: Milan pp. 227–235.Google Scholar
- Gross, M. and Goldwasser, E. (1971). J. Biol. Chem. 26, 2480.Google Scholar
- Hodgson, G. and Eskuche, I. (1968). Ann. N.Y. Acad. Sci. 230.Google Scholar
- Hrinda, M.E. and Goldwasser, E. (1969)• Biochim. Biophys. Acta, 195, 165.Google Scholar
- McCool, D., Miller, R.J., Painter, R.H. and Bruce, W.R. (1970). Cell Tissue Kinetics, 3, 55.Google Scholar
- Paul, J., Freshney, I., Conkie, D. and Burgos, H. (1972) In “First International Conference on Haematopoiesis. Regulation of Erythropoiesis”, ed. by A.S. Gordon, M. Condorelli and C. Peschle, II Ponti: Milan pp. 236–244.Google Scholar
- Till, J.E., Siminovitch, L. and McCulloch, E.A. (1967)• Blood, 22, 102.Google Scholar