Multiphonon Absorption in the Alkaline Earth Fluorides
The temperature dependence of the intrinsic multiphonon absorption in CaF2, SrF2 and BaF2 was obtained at 10.6 um from 300°K to 800°K. These results were compared with two different theoretical approaches, both of which have given reasonable agreement for the alkali halides. Best agreement with experiment was obtained with the approach involving a quantum-mechanical perturbative treatment of the potential whose parameters are determined from compressibility and lattice frequency at each temperature.
KeywordsThermal Expansion Coefficient Potential Constant Interatomic Potential Morse Potential Alkali Halide
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.M. Sparks and L. J. Sham, Phys. Rev. B8, 3037 (1974)Google Scholar
- 5.B. Bendow, S. P. Yukon, and S. C. Ying, Phys. Rev. B8, 1679 (1974)Google Scholar
- 7.L. L. Boyer, J. A. Harrington, M. Hass, and H. B. Rosenstock, Phys. Rev. B. March 15, 1975 and Proc. Conference Optical Properties of Highly Transparent MaterialsGoogle Scholar
- 23.A. Nedoluha, Proc. Conf. Optical Properties of Highly Transparent Materials.Google Scholar
- 24.H. G. Lipson, B. Bendow and S. S. Mitra, Proc. Conf. Optical Properties of Highly Transparent Materials.Google Scholar