Picosecond Laser-Induced Damage in Transparent Media
Part of the Optical Physics and Engineering book series (OPEG)
A high degree of transparency is a material characteristic of great importance for all laser systems. For high-power systems, that characteristic becomes a vital requirement of many solid components.
KeywordsCritical Power Breakdown Threshold Pockels Cell Avalanche Ionization Breakdown Field Strength
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.N. Bloembergen, IEEE, J. Quant. Elect. QE-10, 375 (1974).Google Scholar
- 4.S. A. Akhmanov, R. V. Khoklov and A. P. Sukhorukov, in Laser Handbook, edited by F. T. Arecchi and E. 0. Schulz-Dubois (North-Holland, Amsterdam, 1972), vol. 2, chap. E3.Google Scholar
- 6.D. W. Fradin, IEEE, J. Quant. Elect. QE-9, 954 (1973). Note that Eq. 2 in this reference should read Id =-10(1 - P/Pcr)-1.Google Scholar
- 7.A comprehensive report of this work has been submitted to the Physical Review.Google Scholar
- 14.A. Owyoung, IEEE, J. Quant. Elect. QE-9, 1064 (1973).Google Scholar
© Plenum Press, New York 1975