The Characterization of Implanted Layers Using the Conductivity Modulation Effect
In this paper lue have considered in detail how the introduction of radiation damage centres into the depletion region of silicon p-n junctions effects the small signal terminal admittance of the diodes. The results are interpreted in terms of conductivity modulation arising from a trapping level 0.31eV above the conduction band which gives rise to a hole capture type recombination process. Damage profiles have been extracted from the forward bias capacitance voltage curves.
KeywordsDepletion Region Forward Bias Bulk Region Conductivity Modulation Trapping Level
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- (1).J.W. Mayer, L. Eriksson, J.A. Davies: “Ion Implantation”, Academic press (1970).Google Scholar
- (3).M.J. Howes, D.V. Morgan, P. Ashburn: Submitted to Solid State Electronics.Google Scholar
- (4).I. Ladany: I.R.E. Trans, on Electron Devices, pg.303, October 1960.Google Scholar
- (5).H. Melchior, M.J.O. Strutt: I.E.E.E. Trans. on Electron Devices, pg.47, February 1965.Google Scholar
- (6).J.L. Moll: “Physics of Semiconductors” pg, 128, McGraw-Hill, 1964.Google Scholar
- (7).P. Ashburn, D.V. Morgan, M.J. Howes: Accepted for publication in Solid State Electronics.Google Scholar