Implantation of Boron and Lithium in Semiconductors and Metals
Range and damage profiles of implanted particles in semiconductors and metals are measured, and compared with theoretical predictions up to the 3rd moment of the distribution. Mobility of implanted atoms is studied during irradiation as well as after irradiation, for the observation of radiation enhanced diffusion and of normal diffusion.
Damage, range and diffusion profiles of implanted particles are measured by a method employing the neutron induced reactions 6Li(n,α)T and 10B(n,α)7 Li. From angular emission patterns also lattice positions of implanted atoms can be derived by means of channeling and blocking patterns.
KeywordsDiffusion Profile Total Path Length Damage Profile Bethe Formula Boron Profile
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.J.P. Biersack and D. Fink, proceedings of the international conferences on “Ion Beams to Metals”, Albuquerque 1973, “Surface Effects in Controlled Thermonuclear Fusion Devices and Reactors”, Argonne 1974, “Symp. on Fusion Technology”, Noordwijkerhout, 1974.Google Scholar
- 2.I. Ruge, J. Graul (Eds.), “Ion Implantation in Semiconductors”, Springer, Berlin 1971, T.E. Seidel, p. 47; M. Tamura et al., p. 96; G. Dearneley et al., p. 439; H. Müller et al., p. 85; S.M. Davidson, p. 79.Google Scholar
- 3.B.L. Crowder (Ed.), “Ion Implantation in Semiconductors and Other Materials”, Plenum, N.Y. 1973; K. Wittmaack et al., p. 119.Google Scholar
- 7.J.P. Biersack, D. Fink, proceedings of the international conference on “Atomic Collisions in Solids”, Gatlinburg, Tenn., 1973.Google Scholar
- 10.J.P. Biersack, report HMI-B37 (1964).Google Scholar
- 11.J. Lindhard, M. Scharff, E. Schiøtt, Danske Vid. Selbsk., Mat.-Fys. Medd. 33 (1963), No. 14.Google Scholar
- 13.K.B. Winterbon, P. Sigmund, J.B. Sanders, Danske Vid. Selsk., Mat.-Fys. Medd. 37 (1970), No. 14.Google Scholar
- 14.H.E. Schiøtt, Danske Vid. Selbsk., Mat.-Fys. Medd. 35 (1966), No. 9.Google Scholar
- 18.C.L. Bisson, W.D. Wilson, in “Applications of Ion Beams to Metals”, Plenum, 1974.Google Scholar
- 19.J.F. Ziegler, B.L. Crowder, G.W. Cole, J.E.E. Baglin, B.J. Masters, Appl. Phys. Lett. 16, 21 (1972).Google Scholar