Deviated Gaussian Profiles of Implanted Boron and Deep Levels in Silicon
Deviation from Gaussian profiles for both B and 10B implanted in single crystal Si has been investigated for from 60 to 200 keV using the C-V method. Projected ranges for lighter 10B have been found to be slightly smaller than for B, which is explained as being due to the larger electronic stopping. Near the concentration peak (from the top to ~ 1/e), profiles are fairly symmetric, which leads to the smaller central third moment compared with semi-empirical LSS calculation by Mylroie and Gibbons. Deep hole trap distributions due to 11B and 10B have also been obtained with C-V measurement.
KeywordsSchottky Barrier Hole Trap Si02 Film Gaussian Profile Projected Range
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- S. Mylroie and J. F. Gibbons, Proc. of International Conference on Ion Implantation in Semiconductors and Other Materials, Ed. B. L. Crowder, Plenum press N.Y. (1973), p.243.Google Scholar
- For example, F. H. Eisen, B. Welch, J. E. Westmoreland and J. W. Mayer, Proc. International Conference on Atomic Collision Phenomena in Solids, Univ. of Sussex (1969), p 111.Google Scholar
- J. Lindhard, M. Scharff and H. E. Schiott, Mat. Fys. Medd. Dan. Vid. Selsk. 33, (No. 14), 1 (1963).Google Scholar
- Y. Ohmura and K. Koike, to be published.Google Scholar
- T. E. Seidel, Proc. II. International Conference on Ion Implantation in Semiconductors ed. I. Ruge and J. Graul (Springer-Verlag, N.Y., 1971), p 47.Google Scholar