Reactions of Transition Metal Dihydrides. Mechanism of Reactions of Dihydrido-Bis(π-Cyclopentadienyl)Molybdenum with Various Unsaturated Compounds
We have undertaken a systematic research1 on the reactivity of (π-C5H5)2MoH2 (abbreviated as Cp2MoH2) and reported the stereochemistry and mechanism of the reactions with olefins, acetylenes, and azo compounds. Here we briefly summarize some of the results and discuss the features which give an important insight into the unique reactivity and interesting nature of the metal-hydrogen bond. The chemistry should have an important bearing on the nitrogen fixation by some metalloenzymes.
KeywordsMaleic Anhydride Conformational Isomer Charge Transfer Complex Form Disubstituted Acetylene Transition Metal Hydride
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- b).A. Nakamura and S. Otsuka, Ibid., 95, 5091 (1973)Google Scholar
- b).c) A. Nakamura and S. Otsuka, Ibid., 95, 7262 (1973)Google Scholar
- d).A. Nakamura and S. Otsuka, Tetrahedron Letters, 4529 (1973).Google Scholar
- J. L. Thomas, Ibid., 95, 1838 (1973).Google Scholar
- 3.A. Nakamura, M. Aotaké, and S. Otsuka, J. Amer. Chem. Soc., in press.Google Scholar
- 4.P. R. Brook, J. M. Harrison, and K. Hunt, J. C. S. Chem. Comm., 733 (1973) and references therein.Google Scholar