My intention is to think about some of the more ambitious genetic programs that have been seriously proposed. If you ask why I am crossing bridges and thinking about crossing them before we get to them, I have two reasons.
KeywordsNobel Laureate Sickle Cell Trait Genetic Knowledge Ethical Choice Future Person
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.ROBERTS, C. The Scientific Conscience., New York, George Braziller, 1967, p. 23.Google Scholar
- 2.NIRENBERG, M., “Will Society Be Prepared?” as quoted by Anderson, W. French, Genetic Therapy. In The New Genetics and The Future of Man, (MICHAEL HAMILTON, Ed.) Grand Rapids, Williams B. Eerdmans Publishing Co., 1972, p. 120.Google Scholar
- 3.KASS, L. New beginnings in life, In The New Genetics and Future of Man, (MICHAEL HAMILTON, Ed.) Grand Rapids, Williams B. Eerdmans Publishing Co., 1972, p. 61.Google Scholar
- 4.Editorial: Genetic engineering in man: ethical considerations. J.A.M.A. 220:721, 1972.Google Scholar
- 5.KAHN, H. As interviewed in the Times Magazine, June 20, 1971, pg. 24.Google Scholar