Discussion of the Paper on Houseflies, Musca Domestica
After reading Mr Keiding’s paper my first reaction was “What more is there to say?”. On further reflection there are some experiences and ideas that come to mind from our work in New Jersey over the past 25 years which might be worth considering.
KeywordsResistant Strain Residual Treatment Musca DOMESTICA Organophosphorus Insecticide Drey Area
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Abasa, R.O. and Hansens, E.J. (1969) An apholate-resistance strain of houseflies. I. Resistance to other chemosterilants and to insecticides, J. econ. Ent., 62, 334–338.Google Scholar
- Forgash, A.J., Cook, B.J. and Riley, R.C. (1962) Mechanisms of resistance in diazinon-selected multi-resistant Musca domestica, J. econ. Ent., 55, 544–551.Google Scholar
Additional References on Houseflies From Page 30.
- Anderson, J.R. and Poorbaugh, J.H. (1964) Observations on the ethology and ecology of various Diptera associated with northern California poultry ranches, J. med. Ent., 1, 131–147.Google Scholar
- Carlson, D.A. and Beroza, M. (1973) Field evaluations of (Z)-9-tricosene, a sex attractant pheromone of the housefly, Env. Entomol., 2, 555–559.Google Scholar
- El-Deeb, A.L., Hammad, S.M. and Gaaboub, I.A. (1969) Laboratory tests to determine susceptibility of adult females of the housefly to malathion, Bull. Entomol. Soc. Egypt., Econ. Ser. 3, 179–185.Google Scholar
- Hayashi, A., Hatsukade, M., Hasegawa, M. and Hattori, K. (1971) Insecticide resistance of adult housefly in Hokkaido, Jap. J. San. Zool., 22, 161–165.Google Scholar
- Sacca, G., Stella, E., Gandolfo, D. and Mastrilli, M.L. (1970) Prime osservazioni sui livelli di resistenza in Musca domestica L. nella provincia di Latina, a 24 anni dall’introduzione degli contatto, Parassitologia, 12, 63–68.Google Scholar