Annealing Studies of Broad-Band Luminescence from Ion-Implanted ZnSe
Broad-band luminescence from ion-implanted ZnSe samples was measured as a function of isochronal annealing. Samples were implanted at room temperature with N, Br, or Ar ions. One conspicuous band, in the general location of 5400 Å, appears as a result of annealina to 130°C. The other broad band in the spectra is located at 6400 Å and is attributed to Se vacancies. The green (5400-Å)band disappears after heat treatment of the samples in molten Zn at 960°C. This emission is attributed to Zn vacancies. Strong complexing of VZn with BrSe and NSe is deduced from the wavelength shift of the peaks of the emission bands. Some enhancement of the 5400-Å band intensity is observed upon implantation with Ar.
KeywordsGreen Band Isochronal Annealing ZnSe Sample ZnSe Substrate Conspicuous Band
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Park, Y. S., Shin, B. K.: Submitted to Appl. Phys. Lett.Google Scholar
- Santiago, J. J., Shin, B. K., Ehret, J. E., Woody, W. R., Carra, W. M., Park, Y. S.: Abstract submitted for the March 1973 Meeting of the American Physical Society to be held in San Diego, California.Google Scholar
- Curie, D., Prener, J. S.: in Physics and Chemistry of II-VI Compounds, ed. M. Aven and J. S. Prener (John Wiley and Sons, New York, 1967) p. 433.Google Scholar
- Olley, J. A., Williams, P. M., Yoffe, A. D.: European Conference on Ion Implantation, Reading, 1970 (Peter Peregrinum, Lmt., Steverage, England, 1970) p. 148.Google Scholar
- Holton, W. C., de Wit, M., Estle, T. L.s in International Symposium on Luminescence, The Physics and Chemistry of Scintillators, ed. N. Riehl and H. Kallman (Karl Thiemig, Munich, 1966).Google Scholar
- Shinoya, S.: in II-VI Semiconducting Compounds, ed. D. G. Tho Thomas (Benjamin, New York, 1967) p. 1.Google Scholar
- Watkins, G. D.t General Electric Technical Report 72 CRD 219, Schenectady, N. Y. (1972).Google Scholar