Computation of Third Central Moments for Projected Range Distributions of Common Ion-Implanted Dopants in Silicon
The computational procedure of Brice  is extended to permit computation of third central moments for the projected range distribution, using the LSS formulation of the range problem. Third central moments for B, P, As, and Sb in Si are computed for, initial energy in the range 20 keV to 1 MeV, and the results are compared with available experimental data. The agreement is considered to be very satisfactory.
KeywordsInitial Energy Central Moment High Order Moment Impurity Distribution Impurity Profile
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.J.F. Gibbons and S. Mylroie, “Estimation of Impurity Profiles in Ion-Implanted Amorphous Targets Using Joined Half-Gaussian Distributions,” submitted to Appl. Phys. Letters for publication.Google Scholar
- 4.J. Lindhard, M. Scharff and H. Schlott, “Range Concepts and Heavy Ion Ranges,” Kgl. Danske Videnskab. Selskab., Matt. Fys, Medd. 33, No. 14, (1963).Google Scholar
- 6.K.B. Winterbon, P. Sigmund, and J.B. Sanders, Kgl. Danske Widenskab. Selskab., Mat. Fys. Medd. 37, No. 14 (1970).Google Scholar
- 9.S. Mylroie, Stanford Electronics Laboratories Technical Report, to be published.Google Scholar
- 11.S.I. Furukawa, H. Matsumura, and H. Ishiwara, Proc. of U.S.-Japan Seminar on Ion Implantation in Semiconductors, Ed. S. Namba, Japan Society for the Promotion of Science 1972Google Scholar