Spreading cortical depression (S.D.) has been known for a number of years and its application to neurobehavioural research has recently been explored.
KeywordsPotassium Chloride Cortical Spreading Depression Spreading Depression Retrograde Amnesia Conditioned Emotional Response
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 7.5BLACK, M., SUBOSKI, M.D. and FREEDMAN, N.L. 1967 Effects of cortical spreading depression and ether following one-trial discriminated avoidance learning. Psychon. Sci. 9: 597–598Google Scholar
- 7.4KUPFERMANN, I. 1965 Failure of spreading depression to produce retrograde amnesia. Psychon. Sci. 3: 43–44Google Scholar
- LEÃO, A.A.P. 1944 Spreading depression of activity in the cerebral cortex. J. Neurophysiol. 7: 359–390Google Scholar
- LEÃO, A.A.P. and FERREIVA, H.M. 1953 Anais. Acad. Brasil Gen. 25: 259 Quoted by A. Van Harreveld. The extracellular space in the vertebrate nervous system. In: Structure and Function of the Nervous System, edited by G.H. Bourne, New York: Academic Press, vol. VI., p.447–511Google Scholar
- 7.1PEARLMAN, C.A.JNR and JARVIK, M.E. 1961 Retrograde amnesia produced by spreading cortical depression. Fed. Proc. 20: 340Google Scholar
- VAN HARREVELD, A. The extracellular space in the vertebrate central nervous system. In: Structure and Function of the Nervous System, edited by G.H. Bourne, New York: Academic Press, vol. VI., p.447–511Google Scholar
© Plenum Press, New York 1973