Luminescence Study of the Electronic Band Structure of Inl-xGaxAsl-yPy
A luminescence study of In1-xGaxAs1-yPy has been performed to determine the electronic hand structure of this quarternary alloy. Electron microprobe cathodoluminescence at 300 K was used to determine the direct Γ8v-Γlc gap and photoluminescence at 2 K for the indirect Γ8v-Xlc gap. Comparison of the experimentally determined gaps is made with the theory of Van Vechten and Bergstresser and with a simple interpolation procedure employing the experimentally determined gaps of the ternary alloy systems which constitute the boundaries of this quaternary.
KeywordsTernary Alloy Electronic Band Structure Quaternary Alloy Disorder Effect Luminescence Study
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.For a survey of various III-V alloy band structure studies see for example: M. R. Lorenz and A. Onton, Proceedings of the Tenth International Conference on the Physics of Semiconductors, Cambridge, Mass., 1970 eds. S. P. Keller, J. C. Hensel, and F. Stern (U.S. Atomic Energy Commission, Oak Ridge, Tennessee, 1970), p. 444.Google Scholar
- 3.N. N. Sirota, E. I. Bolvanaovich, L. A. Maleovetskaya, V. V. Rosov, V. P. Shipilo, V. I. Osinsky, and G. G. Shiyonok, Proceedings of the Ninth International Conference on the Physics of Semiconductors, Moscow, 1968 (Nauka, Leningrad, 1968), p. 1217.Google Scholar
- 5.J. A. Van Vechten and T. K. Bergstresser, Phys. Rev. M, 3351 (1971).Google Scholar
- 7.D. B. Wittry, D. F. Kyser, E. L. Miller, T. Rao-Sahib, J. McCoy, and A. Van Couvering, Consolidated Semiannual Progress Report No. 4, Electronic Sciences Laboratory of the School of Engineering, University of Southern California, Sec. 1.1A (1966).Google Scholar
- 11.A. Onton, M. R. Lorenz, and W. Reuter, unpublished data.Google Scholar
- Yu. M. Burdukov, N. V. Zotova, and Kh. A. Khalilov, Sov. Phys.-Semicond. 4, 138 (1970)Google Scholar
- 13.A. Onton and L. M. Foster, to be published; M. G. Craford, private communication.Google Scholar