Electroluminescence in GaN
Light-emitting diodes of GaN have been made, which can generate CW light over any portion of the visible spectrum and in the near ultraviolet. External power efficiencies of the order of 10−4 can be obtained at room temperature. Annealing treatments of Zn-doped insulating GaN greatly increase the emission efficiency.
KeywordsNitrogen Vacancy Electric Power Input 3850A Versus 3780A Electro Luminescence Single Crystal Layer
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.J. I. Pankove, E. A. Miller, and J. E. Berkeyheiser, to be published.Google Scholar
- 3.J. I. Pankove, E. A. Miller, and J. E. Berkeyheiser, RCA Review 32, 383 (1971)Google Scholar
- 5.M. A. Lampert and P. Mark, “Current Injection in Solids,” Academic Press (1970).Google Scholar
- 6.J. I. Pankove and P. E. Norris, RCA Review (in press).Google Scholar
- 7.J. I. Pankove, J. Electrochemical Soc. (in press).Google Scholar