Luminescence of Simple Polyatomic Anions
The luminescence of simple anions such as nitrite, nitrate, oxalate, formate, cyanide, azide, etc. is discussed and interpreted. The effects of associated metal cations are elaborated, and a theory of color associated with heavy-metal salts is developed.
KeywordsCharge Transfer Band Charge Transfer Transition Ferric Nitrate Cerous Nitrate Nitrate Salt
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.H. J. Maria, B. N. Srinivasan and S. P. McGlynn, Molecular Luminescence, Benjamin, Inc., New York, (1969) (edited hy E. C. Lim), p. 787.Google Scholar
- 5.S. P. McGlynn, ihid., B5,654 (1970).Google Scholar
- 6.Observations by L. W. Johnson and S. P. McGlynn, to appear in Chem. Phys. Letters.Google Scholar
- 7.Observations by H. J. Maria and S. P. McGlynn, in preparation for publication.Google Scholar
- 8.H. J. Maria, J. R. McDonald and S. P. McGlynn, J. Am. Chem. Soc., in press.Google Scholar