Luminescence Phenomena Associated with Polar Liquids: Relaxation and Fluctuation Processes
It is shown how the complex kinetics of orientational relaxation in polar liquids, as described by the superposition of several exponential processes with radically different times, distinctly manifests itself in the characteristics of the luminescence of low temperature alcoholic solutions.
KeywordsDipole Moment Relaxation Function Polar Liquid Debye Relaxation Isobutyl Alcohol
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.L. D. Landau, E. M. Lifshitz, Statistical Physics, Nauka Press Moscow, 1964.Google Scholar
- 4.Yu. T. Mazurenko, N. G. Bakhshiev, Opt. i Spectr. 28, 905, (1970).Google Scholar
- 6.C. P. Smyth, Molecular Relaxation Processes, R. C. Cross, Ed., Academic Press, London and New York, 1966, p. 1.Google Scholar
- 7.A. N. Rubinov, V. I. Tomin, Opt. i Spectr. 29, 1082 (1970).Google Scholar
- 8.N. I. Rudik, L. G. Pikulik, Opt. i Spectr. 30, 275 (1971).Google Scholar