In the preceding paper Stig Lundqvist discussed properties of the exchange-correlation potentials in the paramagnetic case. I will build on that discussion and derive results in linear response theory. I will also report some recent results for the spin-polarized case, obtained together with Ulf von Barth. A more detailed account of these results will be given in forthcoming papers (1, 2).
KeywordsDielectric Function Linear Response Theory Spin Density Matrix Induce Charge Density Metallic Density
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.L. Hedin and B.I. Lundqvist, J. Phys. C: Solid St. Phys. in pressGoogle Scholar
- 2.U. von Barth and L. Hedin, to be publishedGoogle Scholar
- 3.P. Hohenberg and W. Kohn, Phys. Rev. 136, B 864 (1964)Google Scholar
- 4.W. Kohn and L.J. Sham, Phys. Rev. 140, A 1133 (1965)Google Scholar
- 6.C. Herring in Magnetism (ed. Rado and Suhl), Academic Press 1966.Google Scholar
- 8.Singwi, Sjölander, Tosi and Land, Phys. Rev. B1, 1044 (1970)Google Scholar
- 10.L. Hedin and S. Lundqvist in Solid State Physics (eds Ehrenreich, Seitz and Turnbull) vol. 23, 1969, Academic PressGoogle Scholar