Infrared Analysis of Polymer Surfaces and Strata by KBr Abrasion Techniques
Infrared spectroscopy has played a big role in the analysis of protective and decorative coatings (1,2,3) and continues to be a major technique for proof of polymer and additive identity and structure.
KeywordsTransmission Spectrum Attenuate Total Reflectance Decorative Coating Infrared Transmission Spectrum Stratification Study
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.DeSoto, Inc., “infrared Spectroscopy: Its Use in the Coatings Industry”, pub. Federation of Soc. for Paint Tech., Philadelphia, 1969.Google Scholar
- 2.Myers and Long Treatise on Coatings Vol.2, Characterization of Coatings: Physical Techniques, Marcel Depper, N.Y. 1969.Google Scholar
- 3.Haslara and Willis, identification and Analysis of Plastics, Van Nostrand, Princeton, N.J., 1965.Google Scholar
- 4.Johnson, W. T. M., Chem. Nature of Paint Film Surfaces, Official Digest, 1067, Aug., 1960.Google Scholar
- 5.Shumaker, W. H., Foamed Plastic in the Pressed Disk Technique for Spectrophotometry, Chemist Analyst, 50, 1, 22 (1961).Google Scholar