Characterization of Diene Polymer Microstructure by Olefin-Polymer Metathesis
The classical approach for elucidating structures of organic substances involves degradation followed by separation and quantitative analysis of the degradation products. Quantitative evaluation of degradation fragments obtained from the selective degradation of copolymers provides valuable information about their structures (1–3).
KeywordsCopolymer Composition Anionic Polymerization Metathesis Reaction Relative Response Factor Styrene Content
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.C. S. Marvel and H. E. Baumgarten, in “Synthetic Rubber,” Chapter 9, edited by G. S. Whitby, Wiley, New York, 1954.Google Scholar
- 4.N. Calderon, H. Y. Chen, and K. W. Scott, (a) Tetrahedron Letters, 34, 3327 (1967): (b) Chem. Eng. News, 45, 51 (1967).Google Scholar
- 6.J. L. Wang and H. R. Menapace, J. Org. Chem., 33, 3794 (1968).Google Scholar
- 9.M. Fineman and S. D. Ross, J. Polym. Sci., 259 (1950).Google Scholar
- 11.R. Kaiser, in “Chromatographie in der Gasphase, IV,” B-I-Hochschultaschenbuecher-Verlag, Mannheim, 1965.Google Scholar