Some Optical Diagnostic Techniques Involving High Power Lasers
Although lasers have permitted the development of several completely new diagnostic techniques such as Holographic Interferometry and Thomson Scattering they have also brought about significant improvements in other more conventional methods, and in the present paper some examples of optical interferornetry and Schlieren photography involving high power lasers are described.
KeywordsBlast Wave High Power Laser Saturable Absorber Oscilloscope Trace Pockels Cell
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.A.J. Alcock, E. Panarella and S.A. Ramsden, Proc. Seventh International Conference on Phenomena in Ionized Gases, Belgrade 1965, p.224.Google Scholar
- 6.S. Martellucci and E. Mazzucato, 7th International Congress on High Speed Photography, Zurich 1965.Google Scholar
- 8.E. Panarella, CASI Transactions, 2, 21 (1969).Google Scholar
- 9.F.H. Oertel and J.H. Spurk, ICIASF ’69 Record p. 229.Google Scholar
- 16.J.P. Budin and J. Raffy, IEEE Conference on Laser Engineering and Applications, paper 12.6, Washington, June 1969.Google Scholar
- 20.Annual Progress Report, University of Toronto Institute for Aerospace Studies, p.110 (1969).Google Scholar