Experimental Aspects of Holographic Interferometry
Over the last years, the author has been concerned with the industrial applications of holography and holographic interferometry; particularly the recording of high speed elusive phenomena, aerodynamic visualization, non-destructive testing, and contouring. All represent problems and applications which can be uniquely solved by holography with state-of-the-art laser illuminators and some new optical systems insensitive to the incoherence of these illuminators.
KeywordsCombustion Quartz Coherence Beach Refraction
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.D. Ansley, “Pulsed Laser Holography,” U.S.-Japan Seminar on Information Processing by Holography, Washington, D.C., October 17, 1969 (this conference).Google Scholar
- 2.R. E. Brooks, L. O. Heflinger, and R. F. Wuerker, “Pulsed Laser Holograms,” IEEE J. of Quantum Electronics, Vol. QE-2, 275–279, August, 1966.Google Scholar
- 3.R. F. Wuerker, B. J. Matthews, and R. A. Briones, “Producing Holograms of Reacting Sprays in Liquid Propellant Rocket Engines,” Final Report, JPL Contract #952023, NAS7-100, TRW Report No. 68-4712.2-024, July 31, 1968.Google Scholar
- 4.R. F. Wuerker and B. J. Matthews, “Laser Holocamera Droplet Measuring Device,” Technical Report AFRPL-TR-69-204, November, 1969.Google Scholar
- 5.B. J. Matthews and R. F. Wuerker, “The Investigation of Liquid Rocket Combustion Using Pulsed Laser Holography,” AIAA 5th Propulsion Joint Specialist Conference, June 9–13, 1969.Google Scholar
- 6.R. F. Wuerker, B. J. Matthews, and B. J. Heckert, “Analysis of Holograms of Reacting Sprays,” Final Report, JPL Contract #952357, TRW Report # 12299-6001-R0-00, January 1970.Google Scholar
- 7.L. O. Heflinger, R. F. Wuerker, and R. E. Brooks, “Holographic Interferometry,” J. Appl. Phys., Vol. 37, 642–649, February, 1966.Google Scholar
- 8.A. B. Witte and R. F. Wuerker, “Laser Holographic Interferometry Study of High Speed Flow Fields,” AIAA 4th Aerodynamic Testing Conference, Paper #69–347, Cincinnati, Ohio, April April 28–30, 1969.Google Scholar
- 9.R. F. Wuerker and L. O. Heflinger, “Pulsed Laser Holography,” 1968 Symposium on the Engineering Uses of Holography, September 17, 1968, now being published in Harvey and Robertson, Engineering Uses of Holography, Cambridge University Press.Google Scholar
- 10.R. F. Wuerker, “Holographic Interferometry of Transient Vibrations with a Pulsed Ruby Laser,” U. S. Navy Underwater Sound Laboratory, Holographic Interferometry Seminar, August, 1968.Google Scholar
- 11.L. O. Heflinger and R. F. Wuerker, “Holographic Contouring via Multifrequency Lasers,” Appl. Phys. Ltrs., 15, 28–30, July, 1969.Google Scholar