Space Use and the Social Community Animals and Men
Seven years ago I put forward the hypothesis that social behavior plays an essential part in the natural regulation of animal numbers ; some of you are I know familiar with the general outline of the hypothesis.
KeywordsSocial Community Group Selection Local Group Maximum Sustainable Yield Natural Food Resource
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Darwin, C.:The Origin of Species. J. Murray, London, 1859. (Cited from 6th Edition, 1872 ).Google Scholar
- 3.Keith, A.: On certain factors concerned in the evolution of human races. J. Roy.. Anthrop. Inst., 46: 10–34, 1916.Google Scholar
- 4.A New Theory of Human Evolution. Watts, London, 1948.Google Scholar
- 5.Leyhausen, P.: The communal organisation of solitary animals. Symp. Zool. Soc. Lond., 14: 249–263, 1965.Google Scholar
- 6.Watson, A.: The links between territorial behavior, intraspecific strife, population density, and the environment. [This Volume].Google Scholar
- 7.Wynne-Edwards, V.C.: Animal Dispersion in Relation to Social Behaviour. Oliver & Boyd, Edinburgh, 1962.Google Scholar