Total Photoabsorption Cross Sections on Hydrogen and Complex Nuclei at Energies up to 18 GeV
Total cross sections for the photoproduction of hadrons from hydrogen, deuterium, carbon, copper, and lead have been measured at SLAC at energies up to 18.3 GeV. These measurements yield fundamental information about the nature of photon interactions.
KeywordsVector Meson HADRONIC Interaction Neutron Cross Section Unstable Particle Complex Nucleus
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
Footnotes and References
- 6.Talks gii7en at this conference by D.W.G.S. Lieth, K. Gottfried, and B. Margolis.Google Scholar
- 7.D.O. Caldwell, J.P. Dowd, K. Heinloth, and M.D. Rousseau Rev. Sci. Instr. 36, 283 (1965) provides a detailed description of this type of beam.Google Scholar
- 8.R. Anderson, D. Gustayson, J. Johnson, D. Ritson, B.H. Wiik. W.G. Jones, D. Kreinick, F. Murphy, and R. Weinstein, SLAC-PUB-644 ( 1969, to be published). The Figure is given through the courtesy of B.H. Wiik.Google Scholar
- 9.J.E. Augustin, D. Benaksas, J.C. Bizot, J. Buon, B. Delcoart, U. Gracco, J. Haissinski, J. Jeanjean, D. Lalanne, F. LaPlanche, J. LeFrancois, P. Lehmann, P.C. Marin, H. Nguyen Ngoc, J. Perez-y-Jorba, R. Richard, F. Rumpf, E. Silva, S. Travernier, and D. Treille, Physics Letters 28B, 503 (1969).Google Scholar
- 10.D.O. Caldwell, V.B. Elings, W.P. Hesse, G.E. Jahn, R.J. Morrison, F.V. Murphy, D.E. Yount (to be published).Google Scholar
- 11.H. Meyer, B. Naroska, J.H. Weber, M. Wong, V. Heynen, E. Mandelkow, D. Notz, Contribution to the International Symposium on Electron and Proton Interactions at High Energies, Liverpool (Sept. 1969).Google Scholar
- 13.E.D. Bloom R.L. Cottrell, D.H. Coward, H. DeStaebler, Jr., J. Drees, G. Miller, L.W. Mo, R.E. Taylor, J.I. Friedman, G.C. Hartman, H.W. Kendall, SLAC-PUB-653 (1969, to be published).Google Scholar
- 15.Data on C, Cu, and Pb from Ref. 16. The cross section on hydrogen of 122 ± 12 pbarns/GeV2 was reported at the Boulder Conference August, 1969 by the same group. This data was presented at this conference in a talk by D.W.G.S. Leith.Google Scholar
- 17.Total cross section measurements on complex nuclei at energies up to 6.3 GeV have been reported at Liverpool. A. Meyer, B. Naroska, J.H. Weber, M. Wong, V. Heynen, E. Mandelkow, D. Notz, Contribution to the International Symposium on Electron and Photon Interactions at High Energies, Liverpool (Sept. 1969). These measurements appear to be in good agreement although the energies do not quite overlap. The comparison is shown in the talk by D.W.G.S. Leith.Google Scholar