Beyond QCD: Why and How
Arguments based on recent experimental information are presented to stress the necessity of going beyond the present formulation of Quantum Chromo Dynamics (QCD). A new theory, Anisotropic Chromo-Dynamics (ACD), based on the hadrodynamical pillars: quarks, color and local symmetry, is discussed and its first successful steps in describing hadrons are outlined.
KeywordsGauge Theory Quantum Chromo Dynamics Asymptotic Freedom Meson Spectrum Inertial Observer
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.See Aschmanfs contribution to Rencontre de Moriond (1982).Google Scholar
- 2.Carlson’s report at the “Orbis Scientiae” Conference in Coral Gables (January 1982) contains the most articulate discussion of the subject that I know of.Google Scholar
- 3.Consult for instance F. Close’s report at the EPS Lisbon Conference (1981) (to be published).Google Scholar
- 4.See J. Lee Franzini’s Contribution to Recontre de Moriond (1982).Google Scholar
- 5.The first reports of the PETRA discovery were given on the occasion of the 1979 Fermilab Conference [see the Contributions by H. Newman, Ch. Berger, G. Wolf, and S. Orito, in Proceedings of the International Symposium on Lepton and Photon Interactions at High Energies, T.B.W. Kirk and H.D.I. Abarbanel ed, Batavia (1979)] and were hailed as the discovery of the “gluon”.Google Scholar
- 6.H.D. Politzer, Phys. Rev. Letters 26, 1346 (1973). D. J. Gross and F. Wilczek, Phys. Rev. Letters 26, 1343 (1981).Google Scholar
- 10.See P. Renton’s report at the EPS Lisbon Conference (1981), to be published.Google Scholar
- 11.See in this context Buchmttller1s contribution to Recontre de Moriond (1982).Google Scholar
- 12.I am referring to the interesting results reported by the NA5 Collaboration at the CERN-SPS. See C. de Marzo, A study of deep inelastic hadron-hadron collision with a large acceptance calorimeter trigger (submitted to Phys. Letters).Google Scholar
- 15.Cf. J.L. Basdevantfs contribution to Recontre de Moriond (1982).Google Scholar
- 16.P. Castorina, P. Cea, P. Colangelo, G. Nardulli and G. Preparata, Chirality and its breaking in a new theory of hadrons, Preprint BA-GT-81/22.Google Scholar