We briefly describe, or give reference, to solutions of some of the problems left open in the first volume .
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- A. Friedman, Mathematics in Industrial Problems, IMA Volumes in Mathematics and its Applications, vol. 16, Springer-Verlag, New York, 1988.Google Scholar
- H. Bellout and A. Friedman, Scattering by stripe grating,J. Math. Anal. Appl., to appear.Google Scholar
- A. Friedman and M.L. Honig, On the spread of continuous-time linear systems, SIAM J. Math. Anal., to appear.Google Scholar
- J. Dewynne, J.R. Ockendon and P. Wilmott, On a mathematical model for fiber tapering, SIAM J. Appl. Math., 49, no 4, 1989.Google Scholar
- B. Hu, A fiber tapering problem, IMA Preprint # 533, June (1989).Google Scholar
- B. Hu, A free boundary problem for a Hamilton Jacobi equation arising in ion etching, IMA Preprint # 484, February (1989).Google Scholar
- L.A. Romero, The instability of rapidly stretching plastic jets, J. Appl. Physics, to appear.Google Scholar
- F. Reitich, Rapidly stretching plastic jets: The linearized problem, IMA preprint # 473, December (1988).Google Scholar
- J. Dai, Ergodic properties of d-dimensional reflected Brownian motions and mixed oblique boundary problems in nonsmooth domains, preprint.Google Scholar
- B. Hu, A quasi-variational inequality arising in elastohydrodynamics, SIAM J. Math. Anal, to appear.Google Scholar
- X. Chen and A. Friedman, Maxwell’s equations in a periodic structure, IMA preprint # 475, February (1989).Google Scholar