Statistical Theory of Dynamical Diffraction in Crystals
Originally, the theory to be described below was initiated for a better understanding of extinction phenomena (Kato, 1976a, b). In the second stage (Kato, 1980a, b), it was aimed in addition at interpreting observations on the contrast and spacing of Pendellösung fringes in nearly perfect crystals. In order to explain the underlying physics, a brief historical review on classical extinction theories and on the fringe behaviour in homogeneously bent crystals will be given in the next section. Next, the basic concepts (coherence and incoherence of crystal waves) used in the present theory are explained and an outline of the theory is given. Sections 4 and 5 are devoted to more technical details.
KeywordsPerfect Crystal Acta Cryst Coherent Wave Differential Approach Coherent Field
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Bushuev, V.A., 1989, Statistical-dynamical theory of diffraction of X rays in imperfect crystals with allowance for angular distribution of intensities, Sov. Phys. Crystallogr., 34(2): 163–167.Google Scholar
- Hamilton, W.C., 1957, The effect of crystal shape and setting on secondary extinction, Acta Cryst., 10: 224–231.Google Scholar
- Kato, N., 1981, A new approach to extinction problems, Sov. Phys. Crystallogr., 26(5):536–539.Google Scholar
- Kato, N., 1991, A foundation for the statistical dynamical theory of diffraction, Acta Cryst. A, 471–11.Google Scholar
- Polyakov, A.M., Chukhovskii, F.N. & Piskunov, D.I., 1991, Dynamic scattering of X rays in real crystal, Sov. Phys JETP, 72(2):330–340.Google Scholar
- Punegov, V.I., 1990, Statistical-dynamic theory of diffraction of X-rays by crystals with lattice parameters which continuously change along the thickness, Sov. Phys. Crystallogr., 35(3):336–340.Google Scholar
- Sommerfeld, A.,1949, “Partial Differential Equation in Physics”, Academic Press, New York.Google Scholar
- Taupin, D., 1964, Théorie dynamique de la diffraction des rayons X par les cristaux déformés, Bull. Soc. fr. Minéral. Cristallogr., 87:469–511.Google Scholar
- Zachariasen, W.H., 1945, “Theory of X-Ray Diffraction in Crystals”, John Wiley, New York.Google Scholar