Indirect Cochannel Interference Cancelling: Concept and Simulation Results
This paper describes a blind cochannel interference cancelling technique, indirect cochannel interference cancelling (ICIC), that cancels a constant envelope modulated interferer in cellular mobile radio communication channels. ICIC only relies on the constant envelope property of the interfering signal and does not need any information about its channel or timing.
KeywordsFading Channel Channel Estimation Rayleigh Fading Channel Interference Cancelling Pilot Symbol
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- K. Girindhar, S. Chari, J. J. Shynk and R. P. Gooch, “Joint Demodulation of Cochannel Signals Using MLSE and MAPSD Algorithms,” IEEE International Conference on Acoustics, Speech, and Signal Processing, Minneapolis, Minnesota, U.S.A., April 1993, pp. IV-(160–163).Google Scholar
- K. Girindhar, S. Chari, J. J. Shynk, R. P. Gooch and D. J. Artman, “Joint Estimation Algorithms for Cochannel Signal Demodulation,” IEEE International Conference on Communications, Geneva, Switzerland, May 1993, pp. 1497–1501.Google Scholar
- P. A. Ranta, A. Hottinen and Z. Honkasalo, “Co-channel Interference Cancelling For TDMA Mobile Systems,” IEEE International Conference on Communications, Seattle, Washington, June 1995, pp. 17–21.Google Scholar
- H. Yoshino, K. Fukawa and H. Suzuki, “Interference Cancelling Equalizer (ICE) for Mobile Radio Communications,” IEEE International Conference on Communications, New Orleans, U.S.A., May 1994, pp. 1427–1432.Google Scholar
- J. B. Anderson, Tor Aulin and C. E. Sundberg, Digital Phase Modulation, Plenum Press, New York, 1989.Google Scholar
- J. R. Treichler and B. G. Agee, “A new approach to multipath correction of constant modulus signals,” IEEE Trans. on Acoustic, Speech, and Signal Processing, vol. ASSP-31, pp. 459–472, April 1983.Google Scholar
- T. Ohgane, T. Shimura, N. Mutsuzawa and H. Sasaoka, “An implementation of a CMA adaptive array for high speed GMSK Transmission in Mobile Communications,” IEEE Transaction on Vehicular Technology, vol. 42, pp. 282–288, Aug. 1993.Google Scholar
- I. B. Ball, “A Real time fading simulator for mobile radio,” The Radio Electronic Engineer, vol. 52, No. 10, pp. 457–478, Oct. 1982.Google Scholar