This chapter provides an introduction to compressed gases. Included are descriptions of the various groupings and families into which gases are categorized, as well as information concerning standard units of measurement. This is useful background information especially to anyone unfamiliar with gases.
KeywordsCombustion Zirconium Carbide Argon Transportation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Code of Federal Regulations, Title 49 CFR Part 173.115 (Transportation), Superintendent of Documents, U.S. Government Printing Office, Washington, DC 20402.Google Scholar
- Transportation of Dangerous Goods Regulations, Canadian Government Publishing Centre, Supply and Services Canada, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada K OS9.Google Scholar
- CGA P- 11,Metric Practice Guide for the Compressed Gas Industry, 1st ed., Compressed Gas Association, Inc., 1725 Jefferson Davis Highway, Arlington, VA 22202.Google Scholar
- ANSI-IEEE Std. SI 10–1997, International System of Units (SI): The Modern Metric System, 1997, Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers, 345 East 47th Street, New York, NY 10017.Google Scholar
- CAN/CSA 2234.1–89, Canadian Metric Practice Guide. Canadian Standards Association, 178 Rexdale Blvd., Etobicoke, Ontario, Canada M9W 1R3.Google Scholar