A Fuzzy Modal Logic for Similarity Reasoning
- 194 Downloads
In this paper we are concerned with the formalization of a similarity-based type of reasoning dealing with expressions of the form approximately ϕ, where ϕis a fuzzy proposition. From a technical point of view we need a fuzzy logic as base logic to deal with the fuzziness of propositions and also we need a modality to account for the notion of approximation or closeness. Therefore we propose a modal fuzzy logic with semantics based on Kripke structures where the accessibility relations are fuzzy similarity relations measuring how similar are the possible worlds.
KeywordsSimilarity-based reasoning fuzzy logic modal logic
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Dubois, Didier; Prade, Henri. Similarity-based approximate reasoning. Irit/94-10-r, Institut de Recherche en Informatique de Toulouse, 1994.Google Scholar
- Dubois, Didier; Prade, Henri. Comparison of two fuzzy set-based logics: similarity logic and posibilistic logic. In FUZZ-IEEE’;95, Yokohama, Japan, 1995. IEEE Press, 1319–1326.Google Scholar
- Esteva, F.; Garcia, P.; Godo, L.; RodráDguez, R. A modal account of similarity-based reasoning. International Journal of Approximate Reasoning, 1997, 16(3/4): 312–344.Google Scholar
- Gabay, D. M.; How to make your logic fuzzy (fibred semantic and weaving of logics, part 3. In Fuzzy Set, Logics, and Artificial Intelligence, D. Dubois, E. P. Klement, and H. Prade, editors, Linz, Austria, 1996 February. Fuzzy Logic Laboratorium Linz-Hagenberg. Austria, 69-89.Google Scholar
- Gabay, D. M.; Fibring, labelling. Two methods for making modal logic fuzzy. In M. Mares, R. Mesiar, V. Novak, J. Ramík, Stupnanová A. editors, IFSA’97. Seventh International Fuzzy Systems Association World Congress, volume 1, Prague.Czech Republic, 1997 June, University of Economics., Academia, Prague.Google Scholar
- Hajek, Petr. Metamathematics of FuzzyLlogic. Kluwer, 1rt. edition, 1998.Google Scholar
- Hajek, Petr. Harmancová Dagmar, A many-valued modal logic. IPMU’;96, Granada, Spain, 1996, 1021–1024.Google Scholar
- Liau, Churn J. Logics with semantics based on rough set theory. Proc. of IPMU’98, Paris, France, 1998 July, (long version of the paper, submitted).Google Scholar
- Niiniluoto, Ilkka. Truthlikeness volume 185 of Synthese Library. D.Reidel Publishing Company, 1rt. edition, 1987.Google Scholar
- Van Benthem, Johan. Correspondence theory. In Handbook of Philosophical Logic. Extensions of Classical Logic D. Gabbay and F. Guenthner, editors, volume II, Kluwer, 1984, 167–248.Google Scholar