Rough Sets and Their Applications in Data Mining
- 185 Downloads
The main goal of data mining is to mine knowledge from large scale of datasets. And the key requirement of data mining is concise representation, which is consistent with the notion of minimal reduction in Rough Sets. This paper will regard RS as such a tool to implement the key requirement. First, we will introduce the basic problem in rough set theory — attribute reduction. Second, data enriching for UCI repository is analyzed with the measures called Evaporation Rate of Attribute, Object and Data respectively. Third, a rule+exception model is given to explain the set of learning data. Finally, some more complicated problems are discussed and the conclusions are given.
KeywordsData mining rough sets attribute reduction data enriching rule+exception model
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Hu, X.H.; Cercone, N. Learning in Relational Datasets: A Rough Set Approach, Int. J. of Computational Intelligence, 1995, Vol. 11, 323–338.Google Scholar
- Jelonek, J. etc. Rough Set Reduction of Attributes and Their Domains for Neural Networks, Int. J. of Computational Intelligence, 1995, Vol. 11, 339–347.Google Scholar
- Pawlak, Z. Rough Sets, Theoretical Aspects of Reasoning about Data, Kluwer Academic Publishers, 1991.Google Scholar
- Shepard, N. R.; Hovland, C. I.; Jenkins, H. M. Learning and memorization of classification, Psychological Monographs, 1961:75(13).Google Scholar
- Skowron, A.; Rauszer, C. The Discernibility Matrices and Functions in Information Systems, Intelligent Decision Support: Handbook of Applications and Advances of the Rough Sets Theory, 1992, 331–362.Google Scholar
- Wang, J.,; Wang, R.; Miao, D.; Guo, M.; Ruan, Y.; Yuan, X.; Zhao, K. Data Enriching Based on Rough Set Theory, Chinese Journal of Computers, 1998:21(5), 393–400.Google Scholar
- Zhou, Y.; Wang, J. Rule+Exception Modeling Based on Rough Set Theory, In Rough Sets and Current Trends in Computing, L. Polkowski and A. Skowron (eds.), Springer, 1998, 529–536.Google Scholar
- Ziarko, W. Discovery in Datasets, edited by G. Piatetsky-Shapiro and W.J. Frawley. AAAI/MIT press, 1990, 213–228.Google Scholar
- Ziarko, W. (ed). Rough Set, Fuzzy Sets and Knowledge Discovery, Proceedings of the International Workshop on Rough Set and Knowledge Discovery, Canada, Springer-Verlag, 1993.Google Scholar