On the Interplay of Riskless and Risky Utility
The relation between normative, prescriptive, and descriptive theories.
The importance (or perhaps not) of some concept of reference level and the resulting concepts of gains and losses.
The relation of riskless and risky choice1.
KeywordsShipping Assure Editing Shoe Americaine
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Aczél, J. (1966). Lectures on Functional Equations and Their Applications. New York: Academic Press.Google Scholar
- Aczél, J. (1987). A Short Course on Functional Equations Based on Applications to the Social and Behavioral Sciences. Dordrecht-Boston-Lancaster-Tokyo.Google Scholar
- Bell, D.E. (1982). Regret in decision making under uncertainty. Management Science, 30, 961–981.Google Scholar
- Birnbaum, M.H. (1997). Violation of monotonicity in judgment and decision making. In A.A.J. Marley (Ed.). Choice, Decision, and Measurement: Essays in Honor of R. Duncan Luce. Mahwah, N.J.: Lawrence Erlbaum Associates. Pp. 73–100.Google Scholar
- Cho, Y., & Fisher, G. (submitted). Three properties of joint receipt: Tests of monotonicity, scale invariance, and order preservation of certainty equivalents. ManuscriptGoogle Scholar
- Coombs, C.H. (1964). A Theory of Data. New York: Wiley.Google Scholar
- Savage, L.J. (1954). The Foundations of Statistics. New York: Wiley.Google Scholar
- Sneddon, R., & Luce, R.D. (submitted). Bias in a PEST procedure. Manuscript.Google Scholar
- von Neumann, J., & Morgenstern, O. (1947). The Theory of Games and Economic Behavior. Princeton, NJ: Princeton University PressGoogle Scholar
- von Winterfeldt, D., & Edwards, W. (1986). Decision Analysis and Behavioral Research. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press.Google Scholar
- Wakker, P.P. (1989). Additive Representations of Preferences: A New Foundation of Decision Analysis. Dordrecht, The Netherlands: Kluwer Academic Publishers.Google Scholar