Least-Squares and Minimum Norm Problems
In this chapter, the solution and solvability conditions of over- and underdetermined systems of linear equations (Ax = b) and their application to circuit analysis problems are discussed. The related concepts of observability and controllability are reviewed. Nonlinear overdetermined system are also discussed.
KeywordsState Estimation Null Space Range Space Optimal Power Flow Overdetermined System
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Clements, K.A. and Wollenberg, B.F., “An algorithm for observability determination in power system state estimation”, paper A75 447-3, IEEE/PES Summer Meeting, San Francisco, CA, July 1975.Google Scholar
- Dahlquist, G. and Björck, Å, Numerical Methods, Prentice Hall Series in Automatic Computation, 1974.Google Scholar
- Krumpholz, G.R., Clements, K.A., and Davis, P.W., “Power system observability: A practical algorithm using network topology”, IEEE Trans. Power App. Syst., Vol. 99, pp. 1534-1542, July/Aug. 1980.Google Scholar
- Duff, I.F. and Erisman, A.M., Direct Methods for Sparse Matrices, Oxford Science Publications, Oxford, 1992.Google Scholar
- Golub, G.H., Van Loan, C., Matrix Computations, 2nd Edition, John Hopkins University Press, 1989.Google Scholar
- Hachtel, G.D., “The sparse tableau approach to finite element assembly”, Sparse Matrix Computations, pp. 349–363, 1976.Google Scholar
- Schweppe, F.C., Wildes, J., and Rom, D., “Power system static state estimation: Parts I, II, and III”, Power Industry Computer Conference, PICA, Denver, Colorado, June 1969.Google Scholar