Stereoselective Routes to Conjugated Polyenes
Our work on sequential cross-coupling reactions has shown that 1-bromo-2-phenylthioethenes 1 and 2 represent very useful building blocks for the construction of stereodefined 1,2-disubstituted ethenes.1 The methodology is based upon the selective substitution of the halogen atom in the first step by reaction with Grignard reagents in the presence of Ni or Pd complexes followed by the substitution of the phenylthio group. Good yields are obtained. The stereospecificity is higher than or equal to 99% in the case of E-isomers and slightly lower in the case of Z-isomers.
KeywordsMeOH Palladium Vinyl Diene Transesterification
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 4.Babudri, F., Fiandanese, V., Naso, F., Punzi, A., A New Straightforward and General Approach to Dienamide Natural Products 35: 2067 (1994).Google Scholar
- 5.Naso, F., Fiandanese, V., Babudri, F., (1E, 3E)-l,4-Bis(trimethylsilyl)-l,3-butadiene, in: Encyclopedia of Reagents for Organic Synthesis, John Wiley and Sons, ed, L.A. Paquette, Columbus, OH, USA (1995).Google Scholar
- 6.Naso, F., Fiandanese, V., Babudri, F., (1E, 3E, 5E)-l,6-Bis(trimethylsilyl)-l,3,5-hexatriene, in: Encyclopedia of Reagents for Organic Synthesis, John Wiley and Sons, ed, L.A. Paquette, Columbus, OH, USA (1995).Google Scholar
- 7.Babudri, F., Fiandanese, V., Marchese, G., Naso, F., A New Approach to Silylated Ketones and Dicarbonyl Compounds with Conjugated (all-is) Diene or Triene Structure, J. Chem. Soc, Chem. Commun., 237 (1991).Google Scholar
- 9.Babudri, F., Fiandanese, V., Naso, F., Punzi, A., An Easy Route to Conjugated (all E) Tetraene Compounds via Disilyl Derivatives Exemplified by-β-Parinaric Acid Methyl Ester, Synlett, 221 (1992).Google Scholar
- 10.Fiandanese, V., Hassan, O., Naso, F., Scilimati, A., A Highly Efficient Kinetic Resolution of co-Trimethylsilyl Polyunsaturated Secondary Alcohols by Lipase-Catalyzed Transesterification, Synlett, 491 (1993).Google Scholar
- 13.Farinola, G.M., Fiandanese, V., Mazzone, L., Naso, F., A Novel and Efficient Route to (E)-Alk-l-enyl Boronic Acid Derivatives from (E)-l-(Trimethylsilyl)alk-l-enes and a Formal Suzuki-Miyaura Cross-coupling Reaction Starting with Vinysilanes, J. Chem. Soc, Chem. Commun., 2523 (1995).Google Scholar
- 15.Unpublished results.Google Scholar
- 17.Babudri, F., Cicco, R.S., Farinola G.M., Naso, Bolognesi A., Porzio, W., F., Synthesis, Characterization and Properties of a Soluble Polymer with a Poly(phenylenevinylene) Structure, Macromol. Rapid Commun., 905 (1996).Google Scholar