A Design Strategy for Phased Arrays
The application of ultrasonic phased arrays in nondestructive evaluation (NDE) is receiving more and more attention. By virtue of the electronic control of multiple elements, phased arrays are capable of dynamic steering and focusing, which brings about great advantages over conventional ultrasonic techniques.
KeywordsPhase Array Side Lobe Pressure Amplitude Steering Angle Elevation Dimension
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.B. D. Steinberg, Principles of Aperture and Array System Design, (John Wiley & Sons, New York, 1976).Google Scholar
- 2.D. K. Lemon and G. J. Posakony, “Linear array technology in NDE applications,” Mat. Eval., Vol. 38, (1980), p. 34.Google Scholar
- 4.S. C. Wooh and Y. Shi, “Optimization of ultrasonic phased arrays,” Review of Progress in Quant. Nondest. Eval., eds. D. O. Thompson and D. E. Chimenti, (Plenum Press, New York, 1997), p.883.Google Scholar
- 5.S. C. Wooh and Y. Shi, “Optimum beam steering of linear phased arrays,” Wave Motion, in press.Google Scholar
- 7.S. C. Wooh and Y. Shi, “Simulated pressure field and directivity of phased arrays,” Review of Progress in Quant. Nondest. Eval., in this volume.Google Scholar