A Subspace Method for Blind Channel Identification in Multi-Carrier CDMA Systems
Blind channel estimation in Multi-Carrier CDMA systems using sub space decomposition techniques is considered. We demonstrate that the performance of these techniques is severely limited by the number of users and show that this limitation is considerabily reduced if we use signature codes that span several transmitted symbols (log codes). Finally, we propose a channel identification algorithm specifically devel oped for MC-CDMA systems using long codes.
KeywordsSystem Capacity Code Length Transmitted Symbol Signal Subspace Signature Code
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
-  Fazel, K., Fettweis, G.P., Multi-Carrier Spread-Spectrum, Kluwer Academic Publishers, 1997.Google Scholar
-  Yee, N., Linnartz, J. P., Fettweis, G., ”Multi-Carrier CDMA in Indoor Wireless Radio Networks”, Proc. International Symposium on Personal, Indoor and Mobile Radio Communications, (PIMRC93), Yokohama, pp. 109–113, 1993.Google Scholar
-  E. Moulines, P. Duhamel, J. F. Cardoso and S. Mayrar-gue, ”Subspace Methods for the Blind Identification of Multichannel FIR Filters”, IEEE Transactions on Signal Processing, vol.43, no. 2, pp. 516–525,February 1995.Google Scholar
-  P. Z. Peebles, Probability, Random Variables and Random Signal Principles, McGraw-Hill International Editions, Singapore, 1993.Google Scholar
-  G. Strang, Linear Algebra and its Applications, Har-court Brace Jovanovich, Third Edition, 1988.Google Scholar